they're all the rage right now.
and what do you know- i came up with a way to make two necklaces with one doily. plus, you can style them 3 different ways! here's how to make 3-in-1 doily collar necklaces:
what you need:
necklace & bracelet chains (they come in one kit from joann's)
scrap fabric or felt
1) iron out your doily if it's a little wrinkly. this will help in lining up the pattern.
2) fold the doily in half. then trace & cut out a collar pattern onto the doily.
3) next, take the bracelet chain and separate the chain in the very middle- opposite of the hook - with the needle-nose pliers.
4) using the pliers, reattach each end of the loose chain to the ends of the collar pieces.
6) pair the necklace with a cute top and enjoy!
now, you can use the rest of the doily to make yet another doily necklace!
1) use the other end of the doily and cut out a C shape. be sure to stay along the crochet lines.
2) open up the necklace chain and weave it in and out of the top part of the doily.
3) now, there are 2 ways you can wear this necklace...
like this, or like this...
have fun with your new necklaces! feel free to pin & share with friends! <3